Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals
Cabin Rental Policies/Agreement Between Guest(s) and Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals (BSCR), Agents for property owners.
- 1. DEPOSIT PAYMENT – A 50% deposit is required to hold the reservation. Cash and checks must be received within 7 days of making reservation and/or 14 days prior to check in date. A valid credit card is required to hold the reservation. Up to 2 credit cards total will be accepted per reservation to include both deposit and final payments for a total of no more then 2 separate charges on credit cards.
- 2. FINAL PAYMENT - Final payment is due on the day of check-in. Guest agrees to authorize BSCR to automatically charge original credit card for the final payment. Guests may contact BSCR no later than 7 days prior to reservation date to make alternate final payment arrangements including: using a credit card different from the card used to make the deposit or to make a cash payment arrangement for the exact amount on the day of check in: cash, money order or cashiers check. Changes made within 7 days of check-in date will be assessed a $25 service charge.
- 3. PAYMENT BY CHECK - Checks will not be accepted for final payment on the day of check-in. Checks must be received 14 business days prior to check in date for final payment. If guest fails to make final cash payment during office hours on the day of check-in, guest credit card will automatically be charged for the remaining balance.
- 4. OBTAINING PROPERTY KEYS - Our company offers a Self Check-In, meaning that guest (s) may choose to go directly to rental property without stopping at our office. BSCR sends a confirmation by email that includes directions from your starting point to the cabin. These directions are the best available, and make full use of our extensive knowledge of surrounding environs. There will be a lock box at the cabin and the confirmation email has the lock box code and instructions on how to get the key out of the lock box. PLEASE ENSURE that all guests in your party have directions to the cabin & the lock box combination to get the key or have them contact BSCR prior to the day of check-in. Office hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Saturday & 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Sunday; please call for holiday hours.
- 5. TRESPASSING - Do not enter cabins prior to check-in date. Due to insurance and liability issues guest may not preview properties. All guests found at properties prior to date of check-in will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- 6. CHECK-OUT TIME IS 12:00 NOON - Failure to depart the cabin on schedule may delay cleaning services resulting in additional charges of $25 per hour until 4:00 pm. Any departures after 4:00 pm will be charged an additional night stay.
- 7. DAMAGE TO PROPERTY - Premises are to be left in reasonably clean, undamaged condition. Barbeque grills must be left clean after use and all dishes must be washed &/or ran through dishwasher. Additional charges may be assessed to cover repairs, special cleaning, scratches, marks, scuffs, dents, blemishes, and/or any other specific marks on any surface on the property. In addition, Guest is held financially responsible for any/all damages that occurred during their stay, and with acceptance of this Rental Agreement authorize BSCR and or Agent(s) to charge credit card on file for said damages.
- 8. THEFT – Guest will not remove any items from property. If guest has been found to have stolen an item or items from property, BSCR will seek monetary reimbursement and prosecute to the full extent of the law.
- 9. TRASH REMOVAL – All trash must be bagged in trash bags and placed in outdoor containers prior to departure. For properties located in The Woods Resort Area, trash must be taken to the community dumpster. Absolutely NO HOT COALS in the trash from the charcoal grill. Failure to properly bag and/or remove garbage from cabin will result in assessment of additional charges not to exceed $50.00.
- 10. NUMBER OF GUEST(S) - Rental is limited to stated number in the party. An additional charge of $25/guest/night plus applicable taxes will be assessed for extra persons. Unreported extra guests will result in all guests immediately vacating the property without refund.
- 11. NUMBER OF PET(S) - Rental is limited to the stated number of pet(s) in the party. Additional pets found to be on the premises will result in assessment of $25/day/pet fees. Guest who bring unreported pets on the premises, particularly to non-pet friendly cabins, will be charged a fee of $200.00 to cover cleaning and chemical treatment of the property.
- 12. AGES OF GUEST(S) / FALSE PRETENSES - Rental is limited to adults of twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Violation of this provision constitutes a rental under False Pretenses and is in violation of this Agreement/Contract. Guest(s) will be asked to vacate premises immediately without refund.
- 13. OWNER'S CLOSET - Rental units have a locked private Owner's Closet that is not part of the Guest(s) rental and Guest(s) agree(s) not to disturb same.
- 14. ACTS OF GOD - Agent(s) are not responsible for Acts of God, fire, strikes, war, road maintenance, and inclement weather.
- 15. REPAIRS & SERVICE CALLS - Agent(s) can not guarantee against mechanical failures and Guest agrees to immediately notify Agent(s) of defective or non-working units. Every effort to repair or replace defective units quickly and efficiently will be made. No refunds will be given for failure of mechanical units. Service calls resulting from neglect or misuse of the Guest shall be the Guest’s financial responsibility. If guest does not notify Agent(s) regarding non-working items, BSCR is not responsible after the fact for any interruption, early departure, or shortening of stay; nor discomfort or inconvenience caused by failure to notify Agent(s) of issue. There are absolutely no refunds or discounts if management is not notified of any issue durning your stay.
- 16. THEFT - Guest will not remove any items from property. If guest has been found to have stolen, removed, or sold an item or items from property, BSCR will seek monetary reimbursement and prosecute to the full extent of the law.
- 17. RIGHT OF ENTRY - Agent reserves the right to enter property to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check damages, and make repairs if Agent(s) find(s) it necessary. Agent will attempt to notify guest when service/repair entry is to take place.
- 18. GAS LOG FIREPLACES - No other item besides gas logs will be burned in gas log fireplaces. Guest(s) who burn other materials agree to pay $100 cleaning fee plus damages.
- 19. WOOD BURNING FIREPLACES - Wood burning fireplaces are seasonal and Agent(s) will provide wood from Oct 1 through May 14. Fires will not be left unattended at any time, and other items (charcoal, accelerants, etc.) will not be burned in wood log fireplaces. Guest(s) agree(s) to pay not less than $100 if any items other than wood logs are burned in fireplace. Although firewood is provided free of charge, BSCR prefers that excessive burning does not take place. If Agent(s) deem that a quantity of wood was burned that excessively exceeds the standard amount of wood burned during a stay, then Guest may be held responsible for replacement of said wood. Wood Supply is checked just prior to every arrival. NOTE: As of October 1st, 2009, all guests staying in properties with a fireplace or wood stove between October 1st, 2009 and May 14th 2010 will be charged a $20.00 Firewood Fee to cover costs associated with wood usage.
- 20. FIRE-PITS - Firewood is not provided for properties with outdoor fire-pits. No fire pits shall be constructed on properties that don’t have them, and no outdoor fires of any kind shall be permitted outside of existing fire pits or at properties that do not have fire pits. If Guest(s) add a fire-pit to a property that does not currently have one they will be in violation of this Contract/Agreement, required to vacate the premises without refund and pay charges not to exceed $50.00 to dismantle the fire pit. All fires made at our properties that do allow camp fires must be kept small - no more then 3 logs - at all times due to subdivision rules. Guests that violate this rule will be assessed a fee of no less then $75.00 to cover excessive burning of firewood. No glass, trash, or any other debris should be left in fire pit. A fee of no less then $50.00 wil be assessed to cover clean up fees if there is any debris other then wood in firepit. Be sure camp fire is completely extinguished if fire is to be left unattended.
STATE LAW for outdoor burns states that no fires are allowed before 4 PM, and all campfires must be out by 7 AM.
- 21. HOT TUBS - Guest(s) will ensure water level of hot tub remains above the jets and not bring or add any objects or chemicals to the hot tubs including but not limited to glass items, beer cans, wine bottles, suntan lotion, exotic creams, toys, etc. Guest(s) agrees to pay not less than $100 if hot tub has been compromised/soiled in such a manner that results in cleaning services being delayed, and/or all repair costs if negligently damaged.
- 22. FURNISHING/FURNITURE - All furnishings/furniture in the cabin are in place as the owners wish them and Guest(s) agrees to pay not less than $100 if furniture is rearranged. Damages to flooring/walls from furniture will be charged as seen fit.
- 23. LONG DISTANCE TELEPHONE CALLS – Renters are responsible for bringing a calling card for long distance calls. If charges appear on Phone Records at end of month, Guest is held responsible for any/all calls made during their stay. Some cabins offer local phone service.
- 24. NON-SMOKING. Smoking is permitted on outdoor decks only, and cigarette and cigar butts must be properly and safely disposed of. Guest(s) agrees to pay no less than $350 for odor abatement if they smoke in the cabin.
- 25. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS - Guest(s) shall be solely responsible for any property damage, accident or injury to any person or loss sustained by any person arising out of or in any way related to Guest(s) use of the premises or equipment located on premises. Guest agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals and owner from and against all liability for injury to the person of the Guest, to any member of his party or any Guest, resulting from any cause whatsoever. This indemnification specifically includes use of any swimming pools, hot tubs, whirlpools and recreation equipment.
- 26. HOUSE PARTIES - EXCESSIVE SPEEDING – DISTRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR - FIREARMS – FIREWORKS – ATV’s. Occupancy and use of premises shall not disturb or offend neighbors or residents. House parties, keg parties, excessive speeding, excessive noise and/or disruptive behavior, discharging of Firearms, BB, Pellet or Paintball Guns, or Fireworks, etc. will result in guest vacating the property immediately without refund. Absolutely no ATV’s are permitted on any property, and if ATV use occurs Guest will vacate the property without refund.
- 27. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES/ILLEGAL DRUGS. Consumption of alcoholic beverages in rental units is limited to persons of legal age. Illegal drug use is strictly prohibited and will result in termination of the contract, and dismissal of the guest without refund.
- 28. BEAR - DEER - INSECTS. Bear, Deer, Turkey, Ladybugs, Carpenter Bees, Wasps, Bobcats, Ticks, Ants, Coyotes, etc. may be encountered in the mountains. There is no refund for the presence of typical mountain creatures.
- 29. LEASH LAWS. Guest(s) agrees to be in full control of their pets at all times and takes full responsibility for their pet's well being.
- 30. KEY RETURN - Guest(s) is/are responsible to secure the property key inside the lock box before departure. Guest(s) will be charged for the costs of re-keying or replacing the lock and/or lock box.
- 31. PET POLICY - Pets are not permitted in hot tub. Guest(s) agree to pay not less than $100 cleaning fee if pet gets into the hot tub. Pets must be completely housebroken, well behaved, and pest free. Guest(s) agree to bring pets crate, pets' bedding, blankets, kennel and scooper. All pets that are left unattended in the cottage must be tethered outside or crated if your pet is uncomfortable or stressed by a new environment or being left alone. Guest(s) agree to pay for damages that occur to deck areas due to tie out mechanisms; scoop yard and place pet residue in trash bag in trash bin before departing cottage; not allow your pets on the furniture; and pay for any damages or extra cleaning due to pet owner negligence. Guests(s) that have a dog that sheds agree to bring a vacuum cleaner and clean up after your pet.
- 32. CANCELLATION POLICY. In the unfortunate circumstance of having to cancel your reservation, cancellation charges are as follows:
A) 10% Cancellation Fee of the total cost for all cancellations made 7 or more days in advance of your check-in date.
B) 20% Cancellation Fee of the total cost for all cancellations 48 hours to 7 days in advance of your check-in date.
C) 1 night stay fee, or 30% (whichever is greater) applies to any cancellation made within 48 hours of the date of check-in.
- 33. RESCHEDULING POLICY. One time courtesy rescheduling of reservations for no additional fee is offered if reservation is rescheduled 48 hours or more prior to check in date. Any additional changes or changes made within 48 hours of the check in date will incur a $25 processing fee per change plus applicable taxes.
- 34. SNOW EMERGENCY PROCEDURES. This is a mountainous area, and during inclement weather 4 wheel drive vehicles are recommended for remotely located properties. The state of West Virginia does an excellent job of keeping the main roads open during inclement weather events. If accumulation is deemed significant enough to warrant plowing, BSCR privately contracts snow removal personnel to plow driveways after snow has stopped falling. During winter snowstorms, we recommend that renters remain in place at our properties. Remaining in place allows BSCR to offer flexible discounted or free extended check-outs. Please assist us in being patient, allowing the storm to pass, and please make sure it is safe to travel on the roadways before you depart our properties. We want you, your family, and your vehicle to have a safe transit.
- 35. BBQ GRILLS. Guest is responsible for cleaning BBQ Grills prior to checking out. Charcoal is not permitted to be used in propane grills. Agent makes every effort to ensure that propane is provided during your stay for properties with propane grills. Charcoal and lighter fluid are not provided during your stay.
- 36. VIOLATION OF AGREEMENT/CONTRACT. Agent(s) reserves the right to remove renter without refund if any of the above agreed upon items are not met. All renters must sign and read this form in order to have a valid reservation.
Renting Guest's Name (Please Print)
Renting Guest's Signature
Check In Date: ___/___/_____
Departure Date: ___/___/_____
Driver’s License ID Number: ___________________________________________
In Case of Emergency, whom should we contact? ______________________________________
Thank you for choosing Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals
Berkeley Springs Cottage Rentals
45 Fairfax Street
Berkeley Springs, WV 25411